Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

A new year has arrived.  It always feels like some large transition should take place, but when it comes right down to it, it's just the next day and not much different than the day before. 

I've always shunned resolutions, probably for the same reason we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  I don't like to be told when to do something I should be doing anyway - it's a big demotivator for me.  Call it my rebellious side.

Instead of New Year's Resolutions, here are some things I am looking forward to this year: 

Teaching Mary Carol to read.
William ditching diapers.
Robert learning to walk.
Continuing my weight-loss and healthy lifestyle.
Starting Kindergarten homeschooling.
Planning for our next house - the when and the where.
Spring at the Arboretum
Family Easter celebrations
My 10 year high-school reunion (at least I think I'm looking forward to this, ask me again later)

I hope you are looking forward to this year as much as I am.  

Happy 2008!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

In planning for your next house, make sure to plan well...you'll have to find a house for you with a vacant one across the street (or next door - we can be flexible!) for us to buy! We've gotten spoiled living across from you for nearly five years and I can't imagine it any other way. :-)