Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome, welcome, Autumn Weather!

I love FALL! It's my favorite season and I'm always so disappointed that it is so short-lived here in Texas. I hope the coolness we feel today sticks around a while.

And now, a couple poems as a little tribute to my favorite time of year...


I am a leaf. See how I sway.
Here on my branch I am safe, for today.
A part of the whole, waving about,
I’d like to be noticed but never stand out.

Supple and springy I’ve summered up here,
The weather my playmate, and misty or clear
The view from my branch is a beautiful thing.
Breezes are tunes and sometimes I sing;

It sounds like a whisper but listen, it’s me,
Adding my voice to the song of the tree.
Golden as glory, I bud and I blaze -
Dancing like fire in mercurial ways.

I lived high above you. Did you notice at all?
I am a leaf. See now I fall.

Poem by Ian G.

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.

By Elsie Brady

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful poems! I loved the weather today, it was so wonderful! I also love fall!