Friday, September 7, 2007

As promised...

Pictures of Mary's horse room. Unfortunately, not much progress has been made since these pictures were taken 3 weeks ago.

I do have the letters finished for her wall, but don't really know where I want to hang them. I'm contemplating hanging them above the work-in-progress curio to display her friends, family and favorite things. The two pieces do coordinate nicely, but I don't want to hang all the hand-made interest in one area of the room.

I've contacted a photographer with a site on smugmug for permission to print some of his photos of dressage horses. I just need to decide on frames and size before printing them.

Casey sent me a link to a beautiful mirror that would look great in there, which leads me to think of the little dressing table I found that was so adorable.

I found an english saddle at a tack outlet online for only $35, but hesitated and it was gone 2 days later. So, I'm really kicking myself over that.

However, here are the finished bits of Mary's room...

The paint and ribbon



The bedding (underneath are pink sheets with horses and a set of pink and brown polka dot sheets too)



The letters, though not hung in her room




I'm really motivated to get my projects finsihed, but keep running into obstacles, mainly time related. However, some day it will be done!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful room! I know she loves it!

Kristen said...

Mary's room turned out beautiful!

Melanie said...

Stunning!

Having gotten a sneak peek at the curio, I know it will be gorgeous, too! LOVE the letters!!