Saturday, January 6, 2007

A big boy...

...or at least average. Robert is growing so much! He's a marvelous eater, so I know that's why, but I'm so surprised to have a baby who grows so quickly! Mary and William never grew this fast. Robert is 4 weeks old and is more than a pound up from birth weight. He no longer feels like a tiny little baby. He's got bulk! He's not chubby, but he doesn't feel weightless when you pick him up anymore. He's still wearing a good portion of his newborn sized clothes, but a few are too short and several 0-3 size clothes fit him! I'm just not used to this type of growth! I think it's wonderful that he's eating so well, it's very reassuring after failing with Mary and William. However, I think I've taken some pride in my tiny babies who get extended use out of their clothes and who's petite size is a perfect illustration of how marvelously helpless they are.

I love Robert. He's so fantastically different than his brother and sister. It's nice to have some fresh experiences on the third time around.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that he is doing so well!!! I can't wait to see him again! Emma keeps asking when can we go see baby Robert.

Lisa said...

Funny, Mary keeps saying she has to help baby Kaetlyn come out of her tummy (meaning Mary's own tummy).

Unknown said...

Lol

I know Emma really misses you guys so we will have to get them together sometime soon.