Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy Birthday, Robert!

One year ago today, Robert entered this world. It doesn't seem that long ago, but it seems I have more than a years worth of happy smiles and memories with him.

Today was really much like any other day for Robert. We've slowly come to see him as the little guy with the big smile, tiny, adorable teeth, a turbo crawler with expressive eyes and an excitement for new things. He grew into this over 12 months, but I hardly saw it happening. Tiny, helpless, raisin-like, but still adorable in his newborn ways - I have to think hard to remember those days, but there hasn't been a day this year that he wasn't different than the day before.

Tonight, as he opened his present from us, a jack-in-the-box, we watched him play. He was SO adorable. Truly a joy to watch. After we played with his present for a while, I held him and told him the story of when he was born. I proceeded to cry. Over what I do not know. I could not ask for a more adorable and happy kiddo.

Take a look with me at the last year...

Dec 7th, 2006



10 weeks old








8 months old








1st birthday


Happy Birthday, baby boy.














PS I simply could not eliminate any pictures from this evening's celebration. I loved them all, so there are plenty to look at in his new Age 1 gallery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am having a hard time believing he is one already. Where or where did the time go? Didnt you just get pregnant yesterday and send the swell news cards?

Melanie said...

What a sweet and handsome baby! It has been a pleasure to watch him grow (like a weed!) this past year.