Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Holidays are nearing...

I'm getting so excited about this holiday season. I can't wait. I really love fall and I've been decorating bit by bit. I've got plans whirling around my head for things I want to do. I've got a Thanksgiving garland hanging on our mantel already and harvest scented candles at the ready. I keep eyeballing the pumpkins appearing at various stores and can't resist buying fall clothes for the kids even though it's still 90 degrees out.

I've got a long list of recipes I want to bake with the kids (on free-days of course) and crafts I want to share with them. I'm preparing an Advent calendar that has been in the works since Mary was born, but I failed to complete before the start of Advent each year. I want this year to be super special. I'm plotting what shape my "bunny bread, " usually made at Easter will be for Christmas, as it won't be bunnies. I wish I could make it for Thanksgiving, but we'll be out of town and away from my mixer which is the only thing that makes homemade bread a possibility for me.

I like to put up my Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, but it will have to be postponed due to travel and a birthday party this year, but by December 2nd, we'll be twinkling again. I finished a banner for Christmas too.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

The banner looks terrific! Beautiful job!

Can't wait to hear more about your holidays traditions at our next scrapbooking rendezvous! I'm always looking to add to our traditions and I'd love to brainstorm and swap ideas with you!

Unknown said...

I love the Noel garland, very cute!!! I can't wait for fall to actually get here!

Lisa said...

I'd love to get your sugar cookie recipe, Melanie. I have one that I love, but I'm always anxious to compare and find the best one. I'm going to try the color-flow too.

Kristen said...

This is my favorite time of year also. We like putting the tree up the day after Thanksgiving as well! I'm super excited b/c this year Colin can enjoy it little more than last year. I love traditions, and just the season as a whole. I can't wait to see your completed Advent calendar! The Christmas Garland looks great!

Melanie said...

I'm happy to share my sugar cookie recipe with you. It has a great consistency rolling out and using cookie cutters. I'll e-mail it to you later today.