Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Jump back on the horse!!

I read my friends' well-thought out and very purposed blogs and think...I really need to post on ours! Unfortunately, my perfectionist/procrastinating brain can't bear to start a new post without catching up on everything I should have said over the last few months. But, I'm throwing caution to the wind, jumping back on the horse, feet first...and all of those "get-right-to-it" things.

Here's a little tid-bit for you.
I've been redecorating Mary's room. We're both enjoying the newness of it and I love the creative outlet. Given the choice between birds and horses, Mary so sweetly chose a different one each day. Finally, I went to the hardware store to pick out paint. Since I had colors in mind for horses and not for birds, horses it was!! I painted 3 walls a soft pink and one wall cocoa brown. The brown wall is now accented by embroidered ribbon in a criss-cross pattern. The new bed, a hand-me-down from my sister, is assembled and covered in layer after layer of waterproof pads, topped with pink sheets with horses and riders, and a brown and pink quilt. Three little stuffed horses take center stage when the bed is made, something Mary is very proud of.

I've got lots of ideas for the rest of the room, but delay acting until I find the right piece of furniture on sale. I'm choosing between a dressing table and a bookshelf, as there is only room for one or the other. The placement of this furniture and it's height will determine where my other hand-crafted accents will go.

Mary is thrilled with her new big bed...it's huge...and will surely tell you the next time she sees you, if she hasn't already.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

The ribbon on the wall is adorable!

I'm looking forward to seeing the bed all made up since it wasn't yet assembled last time I was over. I can't wait to see everything all put together. Love the pink and brown!

Please post pics when you have a chance so everyone can see your beautiful work (especially the letters!).

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it!!! I know how proud she is and you should be proud too. Last time I saw it, the room was amazing. You have such amazing talent in all you do. I am very impress