Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh, how I long to be in two places at once...

So, I'm finishing nursing Robert and Mary calls out from the bathroom that she's finished and needs to be wiped. So, I let her know that I'll be right there. As I round the corner after putting Robert in his room, William comes up to me muttering something, but all I can see is white on his shirt mixed with some kind of crumb and a greasy coating on his hands. I start to put two and two together and walk in the kitchen. There is a crumb covered step stool in front of an open (and greasy finger printed) cardboard cake box. I peek inside to find that he's eaten one of the 2 remaining stale and crispy cake pieces that were left after our church 2:42 group threw us a surprise baby shower Saturday night. So I clean the boy up, take care of Mary, change Robert's messy pants and come back to see him staring longingly into the box again! "I didn't touch it mom!"

I hated the baby gates on our kitchen, but they are sounding better and better all the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH man, I can't believe he got into the cake. First it was candy now cake, man.

Maybe the baby gates would be a good option but what a pain. Most days I take ours off the stairs because it gets annoying opening and closing them for the girls.