Monday, January 1, 2007

Hard day #2

Completely unrelated to the "incidents" of yesterday, we took a trip to the ER early this morning. Robert was lethargic and extra sleepy all day yesterday with a lack of appetite. When he slept 8 hours last night and then refused to eat this morning, I knew something was up. He's had a cough for a few days, so I took him in, hoping we could avoid dehydration.

After chest x-rays (clear), lots of lung listening (clear), and some vomitting (due to thick mucous gagging him), I requested an RSV swab. I'm glad I did, because that's what he's got, even though the typical symptoms aren't apparent yet. The ER doc got to talk to our pediatrician on the phone and we'll see her tomorrow. She's not looking to do a bunch of breathing treatments yet, since he's only 25 days old. I don't know what the course of action will be.

Meanwhile, since RSV is suspect in the end of William's good nursing. I'll have to be extra vigilent to pump after he eats to maintain my supply until he's up to eating again.

Thrilling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you had such a rough few days. If there is anything I can do please let me know. Take care